30 May 2009

In my secret life


So, today I made a deal with the World. I don't ask for anything I don't need, he doesn't give me anything I don't want. I don't bother him, he leaves me alone. I don't try to change him, he doesn't try to change me. And I think we're friends again. I'm ready to dive into him again. Not that I wasn't doing so already, but something felt out of place.

The main thing with the World is realising that he doesn't need you. At all. But you do. You do need him. Be it the natural reality or some subconscious, escapist dream, you do need him. The spiritual can sustain you only so far and by the way, its inseparable part of the World. Hopes and promises. Zero, none. 

You see, the World sees us differently from the way we see ourselves. For example - purity, innocence. It is not lack of experience, as many of us believe. Purity is found in lack of illusions. Or, to be more precise, lack of need for illusions. So throw them all away, screw them. Who needs afterlife, God, soul and luck anyway? And there's another thing - human mind's desperate need to find a pattern in everything. It is because we simply cannot accept that there's a natural and unnatural level of everything. Example: town elects new mayor, crime rates go down. Everybody thinks "Wow, this mayor is magical! Maybe secretly he's Batman!" Bullshit. The new mayor is essentially the same as the last one - greedy prick, who doesn't give a shit about you and the lower crime rates were just a lucky coincidence. Crime had risen to an unnatural level and therefore was bound to get back into its normal course.

The same goes with any other aspect of life. But we choose to bullshit ourselves. It makes us stronger. Our self-centered, completely biased and utterly incompetent society has a strong interest in believing that we are something more. Something unseen. That there's something else. I'd hate to break the warm bubble around you, but we're not. Then again, I'm not able to make you feel uncertain about aspects of your lives, that are so strongly rooted into your mind. But you'll see. Just wait. When your fucking economy collapses and terrorists come out of the woods and all electricity goes completely out and rapists, murderers, thieves and psychos come after you, you'll still believe in vague ideals and exaggerated promises. But they'll end you quick. Then you die and get enlightened about how I was right. Oh, wait, you won't. Because when we die, we simply cease to exist.

I got a lot of good ideas and guesses about how our pathetic civilization will crumble. Some of them are mine, some of them are borrowed. But my favourite ones are those, where nature is involved. Nuclear war - stuff like that doesn't interest me. We are self-destructing already, all we are talking about is a matter of degree. But when nature gets in the house, thing start to look interesting and promising. I see natural disasters as a form of entertainment. What, a hurricane killed 3000 people? Good, about 6 718 000 000 left to go and we call it a day.

Thus, with no respect for life whatsoever, I really feel in harmony with the World around me. And its none of that "cosmic balance" stuff hippies talk about. No, I mean I really like the World and I feel he likes me. He might kill me, but hey - even the closest relationships don't go without some arguments, do they?

I choose to choose my own ideals, fears, hatreds, admirations... They might not work for you, but they do for me. And I'm not forcing mine to everyone - how about that, Vatican?

Speaking of religion... can you actually believe that these self-important dicks had issued a new-age revision of the seven deadly sins? So, now the old ones are obsolete, right? Or is it now a total of 14 deadly sins? No one bothered to explain that obvious question. Hey, if we're talking about our eternal salvation or damnation, you gotta clear the facts, don't you? Eternity is a lot longer than you think.

In fact, we can't even begin to grasp the concept of eternity and infinity. Why? Self-preservation, that's why. If we could fathom the depth of infinity and the length of eternity, we would probably self-destruct immediately. Because, I think it's clear - there is no depth or length attached to the infinitum. Yet we are shackled to the concept of "large" and "long". Maybe our brains just can't handle it.

But it's not that simple.

0 comments: